IT project monitoring
After our clients have negotiated and signed a contract, this service offers the adequate follow up and monitoring of large IT projects
It is known that a business can lose out on all the advantages of a contract (even when perfectly negotiated) if it fails to manage the project. And vice-versa. The important point is to make sure monitoring is set up during the course of the projects. Therefore, we guarantee :
- regular monitoring on a routine basis
- the optimal use of the contract
- finding solutions at an early stage so as to avoid litigation or when this can’t be avoided, make sure our client is in the best position possible to tackle the problem.
Our great experience in the area of IT litigation has made us particularly aware of the “critical junctures” of a project. Being able to identify and deal with them in time is a decisive point as regards to completing a project successfully and in our clients’ interests, but also as regards to reinforcing their positions when entering a stage of litigation, or introducing settlement discussions or amendments.
This type of project monitoring will often consist of the following :
- Before the project starts : awareness building among operational teams to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the signed contract
Because often the team which negotiated the contract is different to the one which completed it, we find it is crucial to get both of these teams together to show the operational team the sensitive points of the contract and explore its different angles. That’s when we will help define which process be put in place to deal with these sensitive points.
- Once the project is initiated : Anticipation of meetings or key points in the project schedule
A project consists of meetings (Monitoring, project and strategy committees), and milestones which are subject to discussions and progress reports (what is left to do, sticking points and how to resolve them or get around them).
When going over the preparatory documents, we will suggest the most appropriate approach to the issues and always from two different angles (contractual and operational).
- Regular up-dates on the situation with the project management and/or the general management when it is involved.
- Handling alerts, involvement in important project discussions.
The team dealing with the above consists of François-Pierre Lani, Pierre-Yves Margnoux, Georges Jenselme, Alexandre Fiévée, Géraldine Pacaut, Emilie Bacq, Aude Gérard, Aurélien Kaous, Alice Robert, Camille Rod and Alexandre Tessonneau.